On Saturday, we made a lady bug cake, thanks to Sharon Hamrick, and put 2 candles in it, one for each girl to blow out. On Sunday, we barbecued Copper River red salmon and some King salmon which I don't think I had ever tried. El Re was red steak, but both were, as Lucy would say, "Duh-lishis"!! .jpg)
Last year, the night before we found out about Angela's death, we ate Copper River reds given to us by the Wilbur G. There was a sweet overlap in time this year, as Rob was on the Copper River getting some reds with Wilbur on that same evening that last year we were eating it. To me, it was all poetry.
We celebrated Angela's birth on Sunday coupled with Father's Day and it was a beautiful day. We drove up into the hills above Anchorage. There, Susanna and Lucy decided on a name for her bear, nameless for one full year! Her name is Sara. .jpg)
At first I was worried about remembering what she looked like as we only had her with us for just a while. Thanks to photos from Laurel we have a way to look back on those moments. I am also thankful for Susanna and Lucile who remember her everyday. Michelene created an Angela song which Lucy sang spontaneously Sunday. Susanna makes sure Sara is in just the right position on the shelf. Tonight, Lucy fell asleep quick after our prayers, stories and songs, I love seeing Angela's features in Lucy's face. Thank heavens for sisters!
Life is beautiful. I am becoming a better person thanks to my third daughter. I am thankful for the roundabout way that through her, my eyes are opening and I see things differently, see life differently. And I love it!
Friday, June 20, 2008
One year later
Angela Jex Boyle
June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)

3 comments:
Lovely pictures of you guys and the girls! So glad you were able to celebrate Angela! Sounds like you're doing well!
Love you all -
Lyd
You are so beautiful, so strong, so positive, and so fun. I thought that I just loved to be around you because you are so warm and uplifting, but I was wrong I feel the same way when I am simply reading something that you wrote!!!You are amazing and I feel blessed to have you as a friend.
Love you, Nichole Skinner
I just came across your blog and just wanted to say that we love you guys and are so glad that we can call you our friends.
Post a Comment